Data Mining, Data Visualization, Multivariate Time-series Data, High-dimensional Data, Healthcare, Wearable Devices.
I am interested in exploring massive data using data mining, machine learning, and embedding/ visualization, especially in multivariate timeseries, human-generated, and healthcare data to understand the human behavior.
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, USA
- PHD IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, INFORMATION RESEARCH LABORATORY (INFOLAB)
- 2014 - Present
- Advisor: Prof. Cyrus Shahabi
- Research: Mining & Visualizing High-dimensional Multivariate Time-series, Healthcare Data
Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (HCMUT) HCMC, Vietnam
- B.ENG IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, DATA SECURITY APPLIED RESEARCH LAB (D-STAR)
- 2009 - 2014
- Honor Program. Top 2% of the graduating class.
- Advisor: Assoc. Prof. Tran Khanh Dang
- Thesis topic: Data Protection in Mobile Device using Biometrics
Experiences & Projects
RESEARCH ASSISTANT - INFOLAB, Los Angeles, USA, 2014 - PRESENT
Prediction/ Regression/ Correlation Analysis, Data Visualization, Wearable Sensor, 3D Camera Sensor, Human Motion Data
- Other Media News: USC_news, nbcLA_news, Forbes_news, The_hill, Science_daily
- Participating in Former Vice President Joe Biden’s Cancer Moonshot. Support by NCI, NIH, DoD.
- The project is aimed at improving cancer patients’ lives undergoing treatment & the successful mission completion/survival of warfighters. Using Wearable Devices & Camera 3D sensor, to introduce a standard measurement of patients’ performance.
Feature Extraction, Classification, 3D Camera Sensor, Human Motion Data
- A novel Kinect-based assessment and monitoring tool for people with Parkinson’s disease (PD). Details.
- Functional proof-of-concept system that was tested in a clinical setting for quantification of mobility data as an approach to estimate the impact of medication on people with PD, and ultimately recommend adjustments.
UNDERGRAD STUDENT RESEARCHER - D-STAR, HCMC, Vietnam, 2012 - 2014
Mobile Privacy, Co-authentication, Human Biometrics
Project: Data Protection in Mobile Devices using Biometrics.
- Mobile Security. The project is aimed at developing approach and framework for protecting sensitive mobile data using human biometrics (face, voice, iris, fingerprint) privately.
- Funded by D-STAR lab, Vietnam National University.
INTERN - East Agile, HCMC, Vietnam, 2012
Summer Internship, Agile Methodology, Web Dev using Ruby on Rails
- Project: Resource Management : Web app for internal resource management in EA using RoR
- Project: Wwimm : A videos & channels streaming/sharing web app using RoR, Twitter interface
TEACHING ASSISTANT, USA & Vietnam
Office Hours, Lab/Tutorial Session
- CSCI - 585: Database Systems, USC, 2016
- CS - Artificial Intelligence, HCMUT, 2012
Honors & Awards
- USC Grace Hopper Conference Scholarship, Texas, USA, 2016
- Women in Science & Engineering Travel Grant, Los Angeles, USA, 2015, 2016
- IEEE Internatonal Conference on Data Mining Student Travel Award, New Jersey, USA, 2015
- Vietnam Education Foundation (VEF) Fellowship to pursue Ph.D. USA, 2014
- Odon Vallet Scholarship for outstanding students HCMC, Vietnam, 2013
- Kanden System Solutions Scholarship for excellent achievement, HCMC, Vietnam, 2013
- Annual Scholarship for Honor Student, HCMC, Vietnam, 2009 - 2014
- Sensor SDK & API: Kinect Camera sensor (Kinect SDK), Microsof Band, Jawbone, Fitbit, Hexoskin, Under Armour
- Ruby on Rails (web), Android platform (mobile)
- Relational DB, NoSQL, Spatial DBs, Big Data, MapReduce, Weka, Apache Tinkerpop
- Others: Agile Development, Microsof Oﬀice, LATEX, SVN, Git, Windows, Ubuntu